The Most Common Ingredients For Glowing Skin
Have you ever used aloe vera gel for acne on your arms? Or extra virgin coconut oil for face pimples? We all have, at some point, given the au-natural skin remedies when all else fails. We’re here to help you with a list of the best ingredients you can use when trying these home skincare remedies.
Superfoods for glowing skin
Before we get into the ingredients you can use to apply on your skin, we urge you to take a closer look at the ingredients that go into your skin. This translates to your diet – the superfoods that your skin needs to glow from the inside. Here’s how:
- Spinach, celery, broccoli, coriander, and lettuce are leafy greens your skin smiles back at – giving you nourished beauty that glows within.
- Turmeric, as you may already know, is the spice that not only gives your food color and taste but keeps your skin in a healthy state.
- Last, but most important, hydrate your skin by drinking adequate amounts of water throughout the day.
The best natural ingredients for skincare
Now, coming to the ingredients that you’ll find easily in your kitchen, but are probably unsure of how they help your skin. Here are the best natural ingredients to give you glowing skin, how they benefit and how you can apply them:
- Lemon: A citrus fruit, lemon is a natural bleaching agent rich in vitamin C, which boosts the production of collagen. While pure lemon juice is too strong for skin, when applied as a mask with yoghurt and honey, it exfoliates dead skin cells and fights acne. Apply it two or three times a week to reverse your tan.
- Honey: A natural moisturiser and an anti-bacterial bleaching agent, honey can even out your skin tone and fight acne to give you clear, glowing skin. You can apply it directly on your face or mix with masks.
- Sandalwood: Penetrating and seeping into the skin, sandalwood powder or oil can cleanse your skin’s pores and remove dirt, leaving you with glowing skin. While sandalwood powder benefits include lightening of skin, sandalwood oil improves the elasticity giving you tighter skin.
- Neem: The anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties as well as the cooling effect of neem make it a skin favourite! Reduce acne and acne marks, redness, dark spots, blemishes, and purify your pores as you apply a neem paste on your face. Mix it with sandalwood in a mask to tighten skin.
- Potato: A natural exfoliator, potato is rich in vitamin B6 and lightens your skin by removing spots or dark circles. Mix potato juice with honey, lemon, or rose water in mask and apply it.
- Turmeric: Anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and antioxidant properties all packed in this power ingredient, turmeric is made up of curcumin which suppresses the production of melanin – giving you lighter skin instantly. Mix half a teaspoon in any mask to see its effects.
- Aloe vera: Ideal for sensitive skin, it is a milder bleaching agent. Aloe vera contains anthraquinone which gently exfoliates dead skin, lignin which improves skin elasticity, and antioxidants which protect the skin from sun damage. You can apply the gel directly to your skin or mix it with honey in a mask.
Coco Soul is a brand that understands this need for natural. With 100% pure, natural, vegan, Ayurvedic herbs, Coco Soul products are infused with the goodness of Virgin King Coconut Oil. What’s more? The natural ingredients mentioned in this article are found in the products of Coco Soul! Get the goodness of sandalwood in the Body Lotion and turmeric in the Shower Gel!